Mom would make Tomato Soup and Grilled cheese sandwiches all of the time. That was one of our favorite meals as a child, that and peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
I loved the retro flowers growing up! I even had a groovy dress that had flowers all over it that my mom made for me when I had an awards banquet to go to in 8th grade.
Penny Candy.....We could buy three pieces of candy for a penny. On our way home from school we would collect pop bottles and then turn them in for money. That's how we got our candy and Nehi grape and orange soda pop to drink as well.
I had a black pair of go-go boots that I wore all of the time in Elementary school. Sometimes I would tuck my pants into them. In high school I had a pair of lace up leather boots that I wore with gouchos and certain dresses.
I
We watched the Sonny and Cher show in the early 70's that was one of our favorite shows. By the mid to late 70's we watched Emergency. I thought Randolph Mantooth was sooooo good looking. He was about the only poster I had of a guy in my room. It was a small one at that.
Aaah yes.... 70's rock and roll. My brother listened to KISS and Grand Funk Railroad so consequently so did I much to the dismay of our parents!!
This is my life so far. We'll get to the 80's and 90's later on. Can we say Punk Rock and Totally Rad, S W I N G...........
4 comments:
lol! I LOVE it! Now, we just need you to scan in some older pics of you and post them!
I've never been able to walk in clogs myself. You were just so stylish Mom. And I agree with Dina - let's see some of your old high school pics!
Wait a second...how did I NOT know you had a blog!?! So glad I found it!
I vote you go bust out your old boots-what's not to love about a good pair of hooker boot?
I'm with Whitney!! I stumbled on your blog from Melissa's (even seprate from Whit!!). How did I not know this...I must be living in a cave...or something!!
Ahhh, fun memories!! Mmmm, yep, break out the boots and clogs...I still think they have a place. Yay, can't wait for your 80's and 90's flashback!!
Post a Comment