Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Look Into the 80's

This was my senior year in high School, standing in front of our church on a Sunday morning.
I was 17 1/2 years old. 1979.
My first year of college I had the best roommates ever! Starting at the front from
left to right. Holly-Idaho, Robin-Kentucky, Vicki-Kentucky,Linda-Oregon, Leslie-Texas
and then ME! The year was 1981!

In 1982 I decided I had better lose that freshman 16. I worked out every day
running 4 miles, doing 40 reps of knee bends and sit-ups. morning and evening.
This was the best shape I had ever been in. I weighed 120lbs. I also made another drastic
change when I cut off all my long hair that I had, had all my life. I went from this.....

TO THIS!! My dad was not to thrilled. He loved my long hair! I was tired of being mistaken
for a 16 year old. I was 20 years old by then. It was time to start looking like one!!


I met David in 1983 after going back to Ricks College to see my boyfriend. Things didn't
work out and I met David instead. After dating off and on for 2 months David ask me to
marry him in December. We were married in the Jordan River Temple April 21st, 1984


I always wanted to this, the reason you see such vengence is because David had smeared
the cake in my face the picture before! This day was the start of a Rocky at times but loving
relationship that has last 25 years.
Stay tuned for the Children years...........

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Awwww - aren't you guys just cute?! And Dad's white tux still cracks me up...

idahomayos said...

Love It Sharon!

Anonymous said...

What fun!! I love the pictures. You were such a cute, little thing in college...no wonder you had guys chasing after you at Ricks! ;)

whitney said...

How fun! I loved seeing the wedding pics in particular, man you guys were so young! I don't know what it is about going to college, but it just makes a girl want to chop off her hair; I did the same thing.

Can't wait for the children years!