Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bad Storm Rising



Today was a weird day full of Thunderstorms and tornadoes. It all started around 3:00pm and went downhill from there. Dallin went and picked up KeLei and her friend from school since they weren't running the buses on time because of bad weather. I was monitoring the storms from my computer at work, and by 4:00pm I figured I had better get home. As soon as I told my boss I was leaving and started out the door the sirens went off in Stillwater for a Tornado sighting. I was running to the door when I saw one of the professors and he said it was pretty bad outside.
It was raining hard and hailing like crazy. I called KeLei and she and Autumn were in the closet and Dallin was on his way back to the house to be with her. All I could think about was getting home to my kids. The sirens went off twice and finally the hail stopped enough for me to run to the car and hurry home. Half way home the hail started up again and I thought it was going to crack the windshield. I finally made it home and was thankful to see that Dallin and the girls were okay. Edmond and parts of Oklahoma City were hit by Tornadoes. Edmond got the worst end of it. We didn't get hit to bad. Plenty of rain and lightening to light of the sky.


Some of the hail that fell. This was pea to marble size that came down in the yard. At times it got a little bigger but not much.

Dark clouds churning overhead. This is when the second cell started coming and the lightening started really lighting up the sky.











3 comments:

Melissa said...

I wondered if you were out watching it or not. I'm not good at this tornado stuff. I heard the sirens go off but I didn't take it seriously. I'll know better next time that all you OK tornado veterans were all hiding when that happens and I'll learn to do the same!

Aubrey said...

Crazy stuff! We ended up with just a plain old thunderstorm.

idahomayos said...

Heard about that crazy weather in OK...glad to hear Stilwater wasn't hit like other areas.

You may not remember me...Stacy Mayo...my husband is Steve, we left STW a little over 6 years ago. I found Aubrey's blog on Coby & Codi Longs and then yours on Aubreys. I didn't post on Aubrey's...I didn't think she'd remember us. But fun to see Aubrey has grown up so much. An adorable Mom of an even cuter baby boy! Congrats!

Just wanted to say hi, blogging is a fun way to track down old acquaintances.

Feel free to check out our blog... idahomayos.blogspot.com They kids are growing like weeds!